November 25, 2012

SMTOWN


So, from my previous post it's about this concert. Yes, I managed to buy the ticket but it was at a rather far seat. Honestly, it's far better than what I imagined but I would love to have better seats. This SMTOWN concert would have been all worth it if it's not for the heavy rain that downpour at the end of the concert, the stupid right screen blackout for the light blue and blue area- which I'm seated and the poor spotlight system on the idols.

This was supposed to be my dream concert but suprisingly I'm not that hyped over it once it's over. Maybe because of the rain or that I got bored and lost while TVXQ was performing. I'm sorry, I thought I do like TVXQ, but turns out I don't know any of their songs except for Mirotic and Keep Ur Head Down. One of the reason was also because the guy seated next to me was so damn irritating. He was irritated by the screaming fans but hey, you're in a concert! That's what you do. No need to guess that he was only there to accompany his friend which I think is a SONE.

My seat was rather faraway. I spot Kyuhyun numerous times but all I can see is his tiny body. Can't see his face at all. It was all white and it's so disappointing when they did not focus on him during Don't Don. Apparently the spotlight couldn't find him and the screen shown a very dark Kyuhyun. Stupid spotlight did the same thing to Victoria, Changmin and the list goes on.

Then, there comes the rain. It rained so heavily before the concert that we had difficulty going to the venue itself. Once it slow down, all of the fans rushes to the venue resulting it being jam packed for the bag checking. Security was loose, I could sneak in camera if I want to. But there was a bitchy usher that keep refraining us from taking photos. As I was seated quite in front of the row, some security guys kept walking past, yet I did not take any photos as it turns out all crappy and blocked by the spotlight.


Performance wise, it's the same for SS4, but still it's SJ so I enjoyed it to the max. The loud sound system managed to make my right ear deaf half through the concert so I can't hear any fanchants and screaming loudly. All I hear was the loud songs playing through. It seems that the concert was a bit rushed too. The continuous performances make me so confused. It was like song after song after song, I lost count how many songs were performed until I look back the list and the goes a whopping 50 songs performed cramped into 4 hours of concerts. I have to admit though, Shinee was really good and TVXQ performance was really powerful. F(x) was cute - Amber being the crowd favorite and Sulli so cute in her short hair. They performed in the rain during Electric Shock. Shinee too during Sherlock so thumbs up for the professionalism.

Intro was rather short except for SJ and Shinee. They had the longest intro and Boa too. She's so sweet! SNSD had Seohyun talking in English. That was really fluent but I think she might have memorized it cos' she said the same thing during the press conference. But that was an effort there. Surprising for me too, as I thought they would let Jessica and Tiffany do the talking. The girls are beautiful. Sunny dyed her hair purple. Seohyun was glowing. Yuri too with her sweet smile. All the girls are so pretty. Same with f(x), I like them equally as much. EXO had names on the screen during the introduction. Screams for EXO was really loud. Still I can't distinguish most of them. Lay being my favorite had his name on screen typed as Ray. Half into the intro, the name got messed up because of the slow response from whoever that control it.

Dance Battle was really short. A minute it was Victoria then comes Tao then Maxstep. Eunhyuk only appeared for a few seconds and then it was SNSD then comes Yunho. It was so fast then moment it ended, I was like, "It ended?". I love the duets though, cos' it's something different from all the performances that we've seen before. Fave duet will be Ryeowook, Onew, Chen and Baekhyun "Open Arms". I'm quite disappointed that they changed the song without Eunhyuk at first but still this is such a good song. When Kyuhyun appeared during "Just The Way You Are" I just keep on snapping then when it was his turn, I focused on the screen. Kyu was the chair boy again at Singapore. Zhou Mi and Victoria "Today I Will Marry You" was nice too. So glad they gave Zhou Mi and Victoria the duet. Krystal did a wrong move during California Girls. She was about to go the the front when Jessica pulled her. Like A G6 was totally hyped too. Key was going crazy and Kris and Amber was seating on the stage and made the fans go crazy!

Fast forward towards the end, and it was "Hope" - my supposed fave part. But since it was raining, none of them dared to walk to the front, and since they were all mixed up, they couldn't capture each part on the screen. So I could only look at the screen and see lots of them and I lost focus, then suddenly someone come to the front and then next thing we know are all of them come running to the front. I was searching for Kyuhyun, but to no avail and I couldn't remember who I see. When the song ended, they were bowing and left as usual. Only few left to wave and say their goodbyes and ELF were so proud that SJ are the last ones to leave. I left just in time the Lee brothers and Kangin were doing the thumb kiss and with a "I love u la"..Eunhyuk and Donghae were the last to leave.

Looking at the popularity of SMTOWN, I'm convinced there will be one every other year, and so I will definitely go to the next available SMTOWN4! But unlike Super Show, where I will enjoy every moment of the concert (it's a plus it's indoor and SJ only), I will only go to SMTOWN once for every edition. It's still sad I don't get to see SeoKyu duet and from this, there's no interaction at all. But still I enjoyed it though it comes with so many complaints.

Lesson learnt is for every concert, if you're going, make sure you get the best seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment