July 01, 2012

The SJ boys are back!


In the very rare time that I will blog, it must be SJ related. Many things had happened in the past 3, 4 months I last saw Super Junior. Remember my last blog about the Bangkok trip. That was SJ driven. So, a month ago, I went to Singapore to watch I AM because Malaysian cinemas sucks- they don't import I AM even though I'm sure the SMTOWN fanbases here are quite large too. Their lost. So, yes, the Singapore trip was SJ driven too, or rather, SMTOWN driven. Before I watch the documentary (really, it's not a movie after all but I love how they insert the live performances with the interviews- doesn't make it so boring), all I know is that these artists debut and train hard at a young age. That doesn't change the fact but makes me treasure their efforts more, not only SMTOWN, but Kpop in general. How they're so perfect, it's the packaging and that's what the company made them to be. They made them train hard, they took all of their time, they perfected their skills-the training- is what made them to be the star that they are today. So even if I'm only an ELF, I will never hate on SNSD or Shinee because from what I AM shows us, they trained equally as hard and it's their effort. Novody become a star in a day, not SJ, not TVXQ, not SNSD, no one.

And, of course, I don't only go to Singapore to watch I AM. Went to Universal Studio- enjoyed the thrilling of  Transformer 3D and the Cylon ride (that nearly took my life) but that was about it, the Steven Spielberg studio is impressive as well. Will definitely go to Singapore again for any SJ related stuff. Next to it will be Thailand cause the way I see it, so long as the precious Putra Indoor Stadium is not ready, SJ won't come or rather SM will never look at the worn out Stadium Merdeka. Heck, I don't even want to attend the concert there so I'm glad that SM has this kind of very high standard thingy for their artists. Well, since I'm talking about concerts, Big Bang is coming this October but it's at Stadium Merdeka so there's a high possibility I won't go. I won't buy the most expensive ticket for Big Bang so if I don't get good seats, might as well don't go. The seating will be too faraway for the cheaper tickets. I don't want MOA to happen all over again.

Alright, so back to main topic and the pic above explains itself. The 6th album cover and title is so disappointing. What kind of cheap cover is that? Heck, any ELF could do even better than that and with all the fantasy teasers that SM gave us, they can't spend more to get the boys to pose together for a group cover? The title song is absurd too. What kind of song is Sexy, Free and Single? Like, hey look, I'm SJ, I'm sexy, free and single??? That was how I think. I'm hoping by then Bonamana did not repeat itself. Luckily, it did not. The album cover might be plain, nothing fancy but remember it comes as a photobook with 84 pages for us to drool over. There's no individual covers this time around, might be because they did not want to burden ELF like last time but I'm worried the sales might not be as good as Mr.Simple. Most of us bought more than 1 cover last time. The title song is still very much SJ style but surprisingly Sexy, Free & Single is such an easy listening song, you don't realize it's already the tenth time you're listening to the same song. The whole album is good too. So many songs that I really love but of course, there's some that I don't appreciate much but since it's SJ, I think I'll accept it later on. Too many good songs to mention- Bittersweet, Daydream, From U, Someday and NOW. Knowing me, I always love slow tempo R&B songs. This is also my first time downloading song legally from a music site. All for SJ.

Time for me to stop my rambling and also because I have so many things to do. Need to place order for 6JIB and I had placed an order for the same album but ELF Japan version. I don't know how I can get this crazy over SJ. I know one day, I'll look back and wonder how fanatic I had become. Maybe because I'm an adult now and I earn on my own so I do what I like, what I can afford and what I want to do. Everybody says I'm crazy but I told them it's just because I'm ELF and this is what ELF do.

Lastly, as I read somewhere in the title, "Do not judge a book by it's cover" and "this album is not made to win awards, it's for ELF". That is so true. This is what SJ do to repay us for Mr.Simple success and that's why this album is rushed because Leeteuk is leaving for the army, he can't extend it any longer and this is what he gifted ELF.



No comments:

Post a Comment