November 12, 2011

3 Album Reviews

Omo..I haven't been updating this blog for like- forever but I feels like I need to write or give my 20 cent worth of view on these three most anticipated comebacks or albums of the year 2011. Ok, so there are other groups and albums too but I personally feel these three are the most talked about. I'm biased, I know but here goes.

Super Junior Mr.Simple



If you read my blog, Twitter, tumblr etc. you will know that I'm a ELF. Yes, I support Super Junior and yes, Kyuhyun is my most wanted! But however biased I may be, I only supports good music. My definition of good music - pleasant to listen to. All in all, an album is a story for me. From the first song til the last, there must be a continuation of a story line, in the very least, although the genre might be different but each song does have at least a glint of resemblance. That is my ideal way of a good album. With Mr.Simple, I found the ideal Super Junior album. This is my first time supporting the boys in purchasing the original album straight from Korea. I never bought any original Kpop album before. Not even Sorry Sorry but that was because I caught the SJ bug a bit too late. If I really like an album, I'll listen to it continuously. I have to be honest, although I like SJ as a group, Bonamana was a huge disappointment for me. So with that, I don't put much hope on Mr.Simple. The first listen was weird and I did prepared myself to accept that they can't work the magic they did for Sorry Sorry but the boys prove me wrong. Mr.Simple is just as addicting as Sorry Sorry. I couldn't say that it was better but I think it's on the same par. Sorry Sorry was a great hit and it's still is. All I'm saying is that I really like this album so it does justice to me that this album is just as good as Sorry Sorry the album if not better cause the boys did grow as singers. And when I keep listening to the album, it means I like it very much. The truth is, I stopped listening to the Bonamana album after a few plays.
Mr.Simple stars : 4.5 out of 5

SNSD The Boys



First listen to the The Boys - what the xxx . After a few listens, I'm totally hooked. There's also times that I kept listening to it that I woke up hymning to the song. That's how crazy it was. But the whole album is a mess. I just thought history repeats itself with what happened to SJ with Bonamana. Hoot the mini album is a good album. Oh was already bad. But The Boys as a whole album is the worst SNSD album there is. I know a lot of people will not agree with me. But what's with a strong song like The Boys to be continued with sweet tangerine cutesy song like Telepathy. I thought they are revamping themselves, seems not. There's no story in the album, it seems like they just throw whatever they managed to record into the album. Like SJ, SNSD's biggest hit is Gee, and like Sorry Sorry it remains a hit today. The thing is, SNSD do have decent singles hit after Gee like Run Devil Run that I personally like very much and the Japanese hit Mr. Taxi. But if they kept on rushing things, they're going downhill with the music or songs that they produce. Honestly, after listening to the whole album, I just kept replaying The Boys, the other songs are deleted from my playlist.
The Boys stars : 2 out of 5

Wonder Girls Wonder World

I'm not a fan of Wonder Girls. I like their songs- they're cute and unique but I think I'd prefer SNSD over them until Wonder World came along. This album is so daebak that I kept replaying the whole album while I'm on my way to work. I usually dislike a song first time listening to it. But Be My Baby is so good, I like it instantly and after listening to the whole album -I'm so amazed that I literally found the ideal album of the year or even better - the best album Kpop could offer-- at least for now!! I'm even proclaiming that the album is slightly better than my fave SJ!! Listening to the whole album, it's as if Wonder Girls have entered my mind the whole time the songs are playing. The continuationof each songs is so smooth that I did not realize that the album is almost finish playing. So good that I have nothing bad to say. I just love this album so so much.
Wonder World stars: 4.7 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment